If you’ve been interested in becoming a cybersecurity professional, you may be asking the following questions:
- How can you add value to an organization’s security strategy?
- Which forensic tools are most effective against cybersecurity threats?
- What is the best career path for an aspiring ethical hacker?
- Which technical skills are hiring managers in cybersecurity looking for right now?
- Is the cybersecurity skills gap real?
- What is the most in-demand cybersecurity skill in 2022?
- How much can you earn as a cybersecurity analyst?
The good news is that the demand for cybersecurity professionals is at an all-time high, and companies are scrambling to find qualified professionals. This is partly due to the ongoing threats of hacks, data breaches, and other security incidents—it’s estimated that around 30,000 websites are attacked each day, often exposing sensitive user data (Bulao, 2020). This has caused governments worldwide to enact legislation imposing stricter penalties on both cybercriminals and companies that experience breaches, whether as a result of inaction, outdated hardware or software, or lax protocols. Most countries now require companies to protect customers’ personal information.
If you want to have a successful cybersecurity career, filling an identified skills gap can be a great way to make yourself stand out from the crowd. But what specifically should an aspiring cybersecurity professional study? In this article, we’ll discuss four of the most in-demand cybersecurity skills for 2022 and beyond. We’ll also cover EC-Council’s Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH) program: a course we’ve designed to teach you everything you need to know about ethical hacking techniques and strategies.
Original Source link