Cybercrime is an ever-growing threat in today’s digital world, with fraudsters constantly devising new schemes to exploit unsuspecting individuals. In recent cases, senior citizens, income tax employees, and even the wife of an IPS officer have fallen victim to cyber-frauds.
Staying vigilant and adopting precautionary measures is crucial to safeguard oneself from falling victim to such malicious activities.
Here are the top cybercrime news:
Mumbai: Man Recovers Rs 2.5 Lakh Lost in Cyber Fraud
- A man in Mumbai was defrauded out of Rs 3.80 lakh by cyber-fraudsters who offered him a part-time job on Telegram.
- The job involved clicking on social media posts and completing tasks.
- At first, the man was able to withdraw money from his online account.
- However, after he invested more money, he was unable to withdraw any funds.
- He realized that he had been scammed and reported the incident to the police.
- The police were able to freeze Rs 2.5 lakh of the man’s money before the scammers could withdraw it.
ALSO READ: Lockbit Cybercriminal Group Strikes Again: What Is The Digital Extortion Gang And Its Origins
IPS officer’s wife, cook lose Rs 18 lakh to cyber-fraud
- The wife of an IPS officer and her cook in Hyderabad were cheated out of Rs 18 lakh by a cyber-fraudster who posed as a government official.
- The fraudster convinced the women to transfer money to him in order to avail of a government scheme.
- The women realized that they had been scammed when they did not receive any benefits from the scheme.
ALSO READ: India Prepares to Deploy Trained ‘Cyber Commandos’ for Cyber Defence
Kolkata Man Arrested for Scamming Senior Citizen of Rs 6 Lakh
- A senior citizen in Kolkata was cheated out of Rs 6 lakh by a cyber-fraudster who posed as a bank manager.
- The fraudster convinced the victim to share his personal information, including his bank account details.
- The police were able to track down and arrest the accused.
ALSO READ: Uniting Against Ransomware: Global Alliance Commits to Never Pay Ransom to Cybercriminals
Chennai Income Tax Employee Loses Rs 98,500 in Cyber Fraud
- An income tax employee in Chennai was defrauded of Rs 98,500 by a cyber-fraudster who posed as a courier company employee.
- The fraudster convinced the employee to click on a link and transfer Rs 5 to track a parcel.
- However, the fraudster ended up transferring a total of Rs98,500 from the employee’s bank account.
ALSO READ: Deepfake Dilemma: After Rashmika Mandana, Fake Video Of Kajol Raises Concerns Over Social Media Misinformation
Gurgaon: Cyber Con Artists Offer Fake Medical Seat
- A woman in Gurugram was cheated out of Rs 5.5 lakh by cybercriminals who posed as government officials.
- The criminals promised to help the woman get a seat in a medical college if she paid them a large sum of money.
- The woman paid the money, but she never received the promised seat.
Two women in Gurugram tricked into opening bank accounts by hospital employees
- Two women in Gurugram were tricked into opening bank accounts by hospital employees.
- The women were told that they needed to open the accounts in order to get a job at the hospital.
- However, after the women opened the accounts, the hospital employees took their debit cards and SIM cards and made unauthorized transactions of ₹20-30 lakh.
Follow The420.in on
Telegram | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | YouTube