COMPANY NEWS: Sysdig, the unified container and cloud security leader, and Snyk, the leader in developer security, today announced the integration of Sysdig Secure with Snyk Container to cover container security from development through operations. The integration allows teams to eliminate up to 95% of vulnerability alerts using runtime intelligence from Sysdig Secure with Snyk Container.
With this partnership, Sysdig and Snyk bring together the industry-leading container runtime and developer security tools, for the first integration that bridges developer, DevOps, and SecOps silos. Sysdig runtime context provides Snyk users the ability to quickly pinpoint exploitable packages that are active in production applications. The integration aligns developer, operations, and security teams on which vulnerabilities to prioritiSe fixing first, focusing scarce developer resources on the biggest risks.
Today’s container security reality: balancing risk reduction with developer agility
- Developers are overwhelmed with vulnerabilities and don’t know where to focus remediation efforts. Attempting to wade through the unmanageable number of issues is noise that takes precious time away from coding and leaves organisations open to risk. By understanding business impact, as well as severity score, teams can fix the most critical issues first.
- Security and operations teams responsible for monitoring the runtime environment need the container and Kubernetes visibility required to flag newly identified vulnerabilities for workloads running in production. They also need to detect threats attacking vulnerabilities that have not been fixed, and to stay ahead of zero day exploits.
Sysdig’s unique container visibility and threat protection and Snyk’s developer-first tooling pair accurate runtime threat protection with early detection and vulnerability management. By bringing this information into the development pipeline, Sysdig and Snyk are in a unique position to help development teams instantly eliminate up to 95% of the vulnerabilities that would otherwise demand their attention.
Bridging the gap: Sysdig + Snyk
Sysdig and Snyk’s new collaboration helps organisations more effectively remove the security barriers that stand in the way of faster innovation.
This is accomplished by:
- Securing the entire container lifecycle: Every aspect of the container and Kubernetes lifecycle is now covered—from the most secure base images to detecting and prioritizing which vulnerabilities require attention, to monitoring running workloads for real-time threats and new vulnerabilities.
- Building securely from the start: Snyk’s security insights and automated remediation are seamlessly integrated to more easily find, prioritise, and fix vulnerabilities in containers and open source dependencies.
- Protecting against runtime threats: Sysdig’s runtime security, based on open source Falco, detects threats across containers and Kubernetes, and captures detailed activity, enabling teams to accelerate incident response.
- Prioritising the security alerts that matter most: With the integration of Snyk and Sysdig, organizations can quickly pinpoint exploitable packages that are active in production applications. This enables organisations to prioritise container vulnerabilities that pose the greatest risk, reducing noise and overall risk to gain developer speed and efficiency.
“For too long, developers have been tasked with the impossible: fighting the unrelenting vulnerability noise that compromises both their speed as well as their company’s overall security. Together with Sysdig, we’re now empowering millions more developers worldwide to innovate securely. We’re excited for what’s ahead as together we advance the global DevSecOps movement in 2022 and beyond,” says Snyk CEO Peter McKay.
“The deep visibility available with Sysdig’s runtime security and Snyk’s developer-first tooling enables developer, DevOps, and security teams to achieve better alignment so they can manage risk without delaying software releases. The increase in productivity helps drive innovation, cost savings, revenue growth, and customer satisfaction,” says Sysdig CEO Suresh Vasudevan.
· Sysdig Blog: Sysdig and Synk use runtime intelligence to eliminate vulnerability noise
· Learn more about the partnership
· Join the 10 March, 10AM PST webinar Secure Containers and Eliminate Noise from Code to Production with Sysdig and Snyk
Sysdig is driving the standard for cloud and container security. The company pioneered cloud-native runtime threat detection and response by creating Falco and Sysdig as open source standards and key building blocks of the Sysdig platform. With the platform, teams can find and prioritize software vulnerabilities, detect and respond to threats, and manage cloud configurations, permissions and compliance. From containers and Kubernetes to cloud services, teams get a single view of risk from source to run, with no blind spots, no black boxes. The largest and most innovative companies around the world rely on Sysdig.
PROMOTE YOUR WEBINAR ON ITWIRE
It’s all about Webinars.
Marketing budgets are now focused on Webinars combined with Lead Generation.
If you wish to promote a Webinar we recommend at least a 3 to 4 week campaign prior to your event.
The iTWire campaign will include extensive adverts on our News Site itwire.com and prominent Newsletter promotion https://itwire.com/itwire-update.html and Promotional News & Editorial. Plus a video interview of the key speaker on iTWire TV https://www.youtube.com/c/iTWireTV/videos which will be used in Promotional Posts on the iTWire Home Page.
Now we are coming out of Lockdown iTWire will be focussed to assisting with your webinatrs and campaigns and assassistance via part payments and extended terms, a Webinar Business Booster Pack and other supportive programs. We can also create your adverts and written content plus coordinate your video interview.
We look forward to discussing your campaign goals with you. Please click the button below.
MORE INFO HERE!
INTRODUCING ITWIRE TV
iTWire TV offers a unique value to the Tech Sector by providing a range of video interviews, news, views and reviews, and also provides the opportunity for vendors to promote your company and your marketing messages.
We work with you to develop the message and conduct the interview or product review in a safe and collaborative way. Unlike other Tech YouTube channels, we create a story around your message and post that on the homepage of ITWire, linking to your message.
In addition, your interview post message can be displayed in up to 7 different post displays on our the iTWire.com site to drive traffic and readers to your video content and downloads. This can be a significant Lead Generation opportunity for your business.
We also provide 3 videos in one recording/sitting if you require so that you have a series of videos to promote to your customers. Your sales team can add your emails to sales collateral and to the footer of their sales and marketing emails.
See the latest in Tech News, Views, Interviews, Reviews, Product Promos and Events. Plus funny videos from our readers and customers.
SEE WHAT’S ON ITWIRE TV NOW!
Original Source link