Another day, another fake shopping website looking to scam unaware shoppers. This one, IBZSTORE, claims to sell apparel such as t-shirts, underwear, shoes, pants, socks, and even face masks. The whole thing is a scam however, and anyone who makes a purchase will likely not receive their item, lose their money, and potentially have their personal information compromised.
The following is a screenshot of real complaints posted in the website’s comment section:
There are major red flags with IBZSTORE that should persuade would-be shoppers to try elsewhere, not least:
- The website is very new. There are no product reviews (probably because there are no products to receive!)
- There is no contact phone number, and the listed addresses are suspicious.
- The website advertises outrageously low discount offers.
- The website’s dashboard is lifted from other websites — as are product pictures.
How to Protect Yourself
- NEVER click links or attachments from unknown sources. Use Trend Micro Check to combat scams with ease! (It’s 100% FREE.)
Trend Micro Check is an all-in-one browser extension for detecting scams, phishing attacks, malware, and dangerous links — and it’s FREE!
After you’ve pinned Trend Micro Check, it will block dangerous sites automatically! It’s available on Safari, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
- Shop only on legitimate online stores. Do your homework and read reviews about the online store you plan to shop at.
- Further red flags not mentioned above include:
- Unusual payment methods (wire transfer/cash apps etc.).
- Unreasonable requests for detailed personal information.
- Typos and questionable wording.
- Don’t forget to add an extra layer of protection to your device with Trend Micro Maximum Security! It includes Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing, and Anti-spam Protection to help you combat scams and cyberattacks. Click the button below to give it a try:
As ever, if you’ve found this article an interesting and/or helpful read, please do SHARE with friends and family to help keep the online community secure and protected.
Original Source link