INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: MHPSS Officer
Duty station: Chisinau
Starting date: 27/06/2022
Contract duration: 31/12/2022
Reporting to: Project Medical Referent
Supervision of: N.A.
Dependents: Non-family duty station
General context of the project
Increase protection awareness among refugees fleeing Ukraine to find safe haven in Moldova and most vulnerable groups and provide access to community-based protection services delivered by INTERSOS, including PFA and specialized PSS. It also aims at strengthening the capacity of the local community CBOs in protection-related subjects.
General purpose of the position
- Develop quality standards for MHPSS including guidelines, SOPs, clinical and monitoring tools for MHPSS, and coordinate with missions to provide support for their implementations in the field.
- Is the technical focal/resource point for mental health activities and coordinate with medical team working in missions in order to provide the most appropriate support for patients in respect of INTERSOS protocols.
- Provide technical support on defining, planning, organizing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating mental health activities, and coordinate assessments of mental health interventions in community settings.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Define INTERSOS Mental Health and Psychosocial support standard protocols and procedures in order to provide the best support for the beneficiaries
• Support the capacity building of the INTERSOS team and other aid workers in provision of psychosocial support activities.
• Support the definition, plan, organization and update of INTERSOS strategy and MHPSS activities and its budget in the light of integrating MHPSS within health and protection program in collaboration with the medical coordinator and the protection manager.
• Guarantee Mental Health (MH) and PSS interventions of INTERSOS program respect protocols and procedures and meet high standard of quality
• Review and greenlight the technical materials, tools, guidelines and documents, and overview the implementation of it
• Overview and guarantee that MPHSS activities in the mission are performed in order to provide the most appropriate treatment for patients with psychosocial problems that need MHPSS
• Facilitate the identification of existing Mental Health and Psychosocial Support services, including other INGO’s, local NGO’s, community groups and governmental health services, etc. and of possible advocacy issues. Ensure INTERSOS compliance with the latest updates related to MHPSS and represents the organization in relevant national fora.
• Oversee the good and regular communication and collaboration with other departments of the mission according to objectives and context
Required profile and experience
- Degree/master in psychology or psychotherapy (alternatively MD with extensive experience in psychiatry)
Minimum 3 years’ experience managing mental health and psychosocial programs, preferably in low resource/emergency settings (e.g. implementation of programs of IASC, mhGAP, PM+)
- Desirable previous experience other non-governmental organizations in low-income countries
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Initiative and innovation
- Leadership, people management and development
- Romanian/Russian/Ukrainian desirable
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Stress management
- Results and quality orientation
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/629a155e34b939001e8c5e0e/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-59-2589-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.