Arabic Arabic Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Simplified) Dutch Dutch English English French French German German Italian Italian Portuguese Portuguese Russian Russian Spanish Spanish
| (844) 627-8267

Insomniac hacker leaks more than 1.3 million files, including personal documents | #hacking | #cybersecurity | #infosec | #comptia | #pentest | #hacker | #hacking | #aihp

A ransomware group that claimed to have successfully hacked Insomniac Games has now leaked the vast majority of the files.

Last week ransomware group Rhysida threatened to expose sensitive data about the company, its employees and its upcoming games, if it wasn’t paid for the data.

It then published data online which appeared to corroborate its claim that it had successfully hacked the Sony-owned studio, including an annotated screenshot from Insomniac’s upcoming Wolverine game.

The group then threatened to publish the stolen data within seven days, but first offered it for auction with a starting price of 50 Bitcoins (approximately $2 million).

Now, according to Cyber Daily, Rhysida has followed through with its threat and posted more than 1.3 million files totalling 1.67 terabytes to its darknet leak site.

Around 98% of the hacked data has been leaked, with Rhysida stating that “not sold data was uploaded,” implying that the remaining 2% may have been sold to someone.

People have already started downloading and sifting through the files, which appear to include a host of information and assets for the upcoming Wolverine game, a publishing agreement with Marvel that promises future X-Men games, and internal HR documents.

Rhysida’s initial threat last week appeared to include evidence that it had acquired employee passport scans, a personal document related to Spider-Man voice actor Yuri Lowenthal, internal emails and confidential documents.

It’s not yet clear how much of this confidential information has been included in the leak, nor is it clear if any of it was part of the section that may have been sold on to another party.

This story is evolving and VGC will continue to report on it as more information emerges.

Click Here For The Original Source.