This tutorial is about the How to Upgrade Microsoft Surface Duo to Android 11. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Upgrade Microsoft Surface Duo to Android 11. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to Upgrade Microsoft Surface Duo to Android 11
Despite the promise of regular updates, the original Surface Duo hasn’t received many significant fixes or improvements. The last update, which was also only related to stability, was in June, and since then the company has only issued monthly security patches. But now, after a long wait, Android 11 for Surface Duo is here. Android 11 was actually released in September, which doesn’t sound too bad, except it was September 2020. Android is now at version 12, which is slowly being pushed onto devices by various OEMs.
The update brings Surface Duo on a software par with Surface Duo 2, which launched with Android 11. The Android 11 update brings several changes to the user interface, such as a larger notification screen, launcher widgets updated, new volume and brightness controls, improved app folders, and an updated settings layout. The update also brings new features like automatic app transfer for user-selected apps, a new Photos app (based on OneDrive), and more support for the Surface Pen, which can now be used in Outlook or to highlight photos.
Users can now also launch OneNote with the top button on the Surface Pen, just like on Surface Duo 2 after the recent December update. There are also other stability, gesture, and touch improvements with a new operating system and firmware for the Surface Duo that will hopefully improve overall performance and user experience.
How to update Microsoft Surface Duo to Android 11
- Update the Android operating system to Android 11. For more information on Android 11.
- Addresses the scenarios described in the Android Security Bulletin – January 2022.
- Enabled launching OneNote by clicking the top button on Surface Slim Pen 2. Requires Surface Slim Pen 2 to be paired with Surface Duo.
- Enabled in Surface Duo features, under Settings, to choose the preference for answering phone calls when folded.
- Enabled in Surface Duo features in Settings to choose specific apps to automatically stretch across both screens when you open them.
- Optimized quick settings and notification width for portrait and landscape orientations.
- Adjust media volume directly from Quick Settings in any device mode.
- Use thumb mode in Microsoft SwiftKey now with all device modes and app states. Updated app drawer and folder layout with improved drag and drop support.
- Updated Microsoft Font layout with updated cards and new Microsoft Start widgets for news and weather.
- OneDrive Photos: New improved dual screen experience for viewing and editing photos in the OneDrive app.
- Xbox Game Pass: Discover and play from the cloud with an on-screen controller. Some devices, accessories and software are sold separately. Additional fees and/or subscriptions required for some apps and features.
Final words: How to Upgrade Microsoft Surface Duo to Android 11
I hope you understand this article How to Upgrade Microsoft Surface Duo to Android 11, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.