This tutorial is about the How to Find Out the Version of an Android App. We will try our best so that you understand this guide. I hope you like this blog How to Find Out the Version of an Android App. If your answer is yes then please do share after reading this.
Table of contents
Check How to Find Out the Version of an Android App
Not all Android phones and tablets run the latest version of Android. It’s often helpful to know what version of Android a particular phone or tablet is running so you can get help with a problem or determine if a feature is available. The Android version itself isn’t the only information you’ll want to find. Your device name, manufacturer, and carrier also affect your device software.
Even the Linux kernel version and the new “Android security patch level” matter. You can find this information in Android system wide settings. Regardless of what version of Android you’re using and what customizations your device’s Android version has, you should be able to access this information the same way.
How to find out the version of an Android app
google play store
- This works if the app in question is up to date and you just need to find the version of the app. If you have an older version of an app and an update is available on the Google Play Store, this method is not for you.
- Open the Play Store app and go to the page of the app in question. Each app has a brief description of what it does. Tap the ‘Read More’ option and then scroll to the bottom of the page to get the current version of the app.
About app screen
- Many apps include an About screen within the app itself that can tell you what version you’re running. You can normally access this screen by going to the Application Settings. If the app doesn’t have a dedicated settings screen, look for a button with an i. It most likely represents additional information about the app and may include the version number.
- If all else fails, there’s always the Settings app. Open the Settings app and tap Apps & notifications. You need to go to the list of apps installed on your device. This list is located in the Settings app; however, it may be in a different section depending on your version of Android.
- On the app list screen, touch the app you want to check the version number for. Scroll to the bottom of the app info screen and you will definitely find app version information. This works best for apps that have been downloaded locally and for older versions of apps that are still running.
Final words: How to Find Out the Version of an Android App
I hope you understand this article How to Find Out the Version of an Android App, if your answer is no then you can ask anything via contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes then please share this article with your family and friends.