Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The U.S. Department of State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) plans to fund a Justice Sector Assistance Program (JSAP) in the West Bank. It will focus on providing technical support, capacity-building and logistical support to key stakeholders in the Palestinian justice sector, including but not limited to law enforcement, the public prosecution, judicial institutions and security agencies.
The Criminal Forensic Advisor will provide direction, guidance and strategic planning for programming activities containing forensic investigation components while serving as a liaison with the Palestinian and international forensic community. This including working to improve the capacity of local Palestinian forensic scientists including conducting assessments to identify and evaluate forensic laboratory needs. This is a full-time position based in Ramallah. The project is expected to have a duration of a one-year base period with additional four years in options. Implementation is anticipated to begin in 2024.
- Design and implement activities to increase the capacity of counterparts’ forensic science programs and/or laboratories.
- Serve as a liaison with the Palestinian and international forensics community.
- Apply a working knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts and practices of forensic science to effectively develop forensic and crime scene investigation training plans for counterpart institutions.
- Conduct counterpart needs assessments by identifying and evaluating forensic laboratory needs, including management capability, technical and scientific equipment, and technical assistance needs.
- A relevant master’s degree with at least seven (7) years of professional forensic science and/or crime scene investigation experience with a law enforcement agency or a relevant bachelor’s degree with at least ten (10) years of forensic science and/or crime scene investigation experience.
- Strong direction, program and organizational management and communication skills, as well as sound logical abilities.
- Proven ability to successfully guide an intercultural team in a development context.
- Fluency in Arabic preferred.
- State Department, USAID or relevant international development experience preferred.
- Experience working in Middle East and/or within conflict environments preferred.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
How to apply
To apply, please visit https://tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com/msi/jobs/criminal-forensic-advisor-state-department-bureau-of-international-narcotics-and-law-enforcement-inl-justice-sector-assistance-project-west-bank-palestine-36462